Thank you for reading my blog!
My goal with this site is to establish a safe, civil, and productive space for discussion. To that end, these are my guidelines for comments:
- I approve every comment that gets published.
- No more than two comments per person per post.
- All comments must remain on topic.
- Don’t link to you personal blogs or outside content. This is SPAM. If you want to leave a trail to your site, enter your URL when you leave your name and email.
- Disagreements are to be handled with civility and respect. No ad hominem, abusive language or trolling. Strong language and profanity is okay insofar as it’s clear that you’re not attacking a person, but make sure it doesn’t contribute to an unsafe environment.
- Some viewpoints will receive no welcome nor quarter on this site. These include viewpoints considered “eliminationalist” (Neo-Nazi, genocidal, etc.), supremacist (Confederate, Klan, White/Christian nationalist, etc.), conspiracy theories, propaganda, or hostile toward marginalized groups of any sort. I will not tolerate homophobia, theological or otherwise, nor brainless, heartless anti-religious speech.
- Let’s face it, some comments are downright asinine and brainless. Comments that miss the point, are incoherent, or state obvious or egregious falsehoods will not be approved. This includes mansplaining, efforts to uphold white, straight, male, cisgender, or Christian privilege, and anything that re-centers discussion on marginalized groups on privileged people. If you’re going to leave stupid comments, you should at least put $20 into my PayPal.
- As the owner and operator, I retain full discretion to decide what is and is not allowed to get posted. Also, as the owner and operator, I have the ability to edit comments any way I see fit, and for the particularly egregious, I’m not afraid to use it to make it appear as if you’re saying anything I want you to say.
I look forward to productive, thoughtful, and civil interactions. Thank you again for visiting my page!